JYSK and the royal connection
JYSK is not only Purveyor to The Royal Danish Court. The founder of JYSK, Lars Larsen, also has a special relation to The Royal House and The Queen.
Denmark is known for its Royal House, which is one of the oldest in the world and has existed for more than 1,000 years.
Today, the Royal House is constituted by the Royal Family with Her Majesty The Queen Margrethe II of Denmark as the head of The House.
Over the past years, founder and chairman Lars Larsen and JYSK have received numerous official visits from the Danish Royal Family.
In 2008, The Queen visited JYSK's new distribution centre in Uldum, Denmark, as part of the inauguration. Lars Larsen presented The Queen with two exclusive eiderdown duvets and a copy of his autobiography after giving her a tour of the new facility.
See a news clip about The Queen's visit TO Uldum:
By Appointment to The Royal Danish Court
In 2010, a proud Lars Larsen received permission for JYSK to use the Royal Warrant.
“By Appointment to The Royal Danish Court” is a title granted only to companies or individuals that have been suppliers for the Royal Family for several years, are well-established, financially sound and have an excellent reputation.
Knight 1st Class of the Order of the Dannebrog
Lars Larsen has personally been honoured several times with different royal orders.
In 2017, he was decorated as Knight 1st Class of the Order of the Dannebrog. It was an elevation from Knight of the Order of the Dannebrog, which he was initially named in 2009. In 2010, Lars Larsen had an audience with The Queen to thank her for the order.
The Knight of the Order of the Dannebrog is a royal order of chivalry from the 16th century, which is awarded to people who have performed special work in Danish interests. Lars Larsen was decorated with the order for his outstanding contribution to the Danish business community with JYSK.
In 2007, on behalf of JYSK and the company’s employees, Lars Larsen also received King Frederik IX's Honorary Award, which is presented in recognition of a valuable contribution to Danish export.
On The Queen's 75th birthday in 2015, Lars Larsen and his wife were invited to a birthday event in Aarhus where they took part in the celebrations.
- Lars Larsen is elevated to Knight 1st Class of the Order of the Dannebrog.
- The Queen grants permission for JYSK to use the Royal Warrant: "By Appointment to The Royal Danish Court."
- Lars Larsen is awarded the Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog for his outstanding contribution to the Danish business community.
- The Queen visits JYSK's new distribution centre in Uldum, Denmark. Lars Larsen presents Her Majesty with two exclusive eiderdown duvets and a copy of his autobiography.
- Crown Prince Frederik visits a furniture factory in Vietnam that supplies JYSK with furniture.
- On behalf of JYSK and the employees, Lars Larsen receives King Frederik IX's Honorary Award, which is presented in recognition of a valuable contribution to Danish export.